Rants & Raves of the Beauty Obsessed

Self confessed beauty junkie. I love anything that has to do with personal care ranging from handcrafted artisan soap to luxury brand cosmetics combined with writing & having an opinion on everything I try, jumping on the blog train just seemed natural as I love reading other peoples blogs about everything beauty. Thanks for stopping by :)

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pangea Organics & tarte Maracuja Oil.....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

My sincerest apologies everyone......due to some personal circumstances it has been quite some time since my last post. My intentions were there as I have a LOT of catch up to do but have not been able to sit down to even put a few sentences together. So starting with this post, here we go! Please do enjoy my frazzled attempt to post all the fabulous and not so fabulous products I've come across and tried, have come to love or have puzzled thoughts as to why they are still occupying space on store shelves and being sold, ha! As of late I've been searching for my latest OMG! I LOVE this stuff in the facial care product range. Having turned 34 at the end of August and constantly being mistaken for someone in their mid to late 20's, all those dollars spent and years of being borderline obsessed and anal retentive with taking care of my skin since I was in my teens that friends scoffed, or teased or chided me over paid off. Now I'm the one laughing and they're the ones begging to know my secret. In H.S. I saved up my lunch money, birthday money, allowance, even held a part-time job after school as a porcelain doll maker's apprentice to pamper my facial skin with Origins and Christian Dior, I dabbled in Lancome but decided I DID NOT have an affinity for it. Chanel of course was the Holy Grail but didn't really cater to young skin back in the early nineties. After H.S. earning more money while working and attending school full-time, I moved onto certain counters at Neiman's and to the world of Bliss in which the Remede line was in it's infancy stages and Bliss was still just a high-end spa for celebrities, not yet the wonderful brand name some of us have come to know and love, even covet. I also was a fan and still am of Peter Thomas Roth and DDF. You could only imagine my delight when Sephora opened it's doors! As I always like to try different lines I've heard rave reviews over, I'm quite pleased to announce I've found a few noteworthy lines and products. One of these dynamo companies is Pangea Organics. These products not only do their intended job very well, the sensory delight that comes with using these gems is a divine added bonus. Also please take note that these sensory delights all serve a purpose to nurture the skin and are not just fillers or there to smell pretty. Along with facial care Pangea offers up to us personal care gods and goddesses, a body care line to pamper ourselves from head to toe. For the body they offer body washes for those who prefer that cleansing format as well as my personal favorite, bar soaps. Not the kind most are familiar with that come from the supermarket that barely weigh anything and are filled with a bunch of junk you can't even pronounce when taking a peek at the ingredients. Those are cleansing bars, the labels don't even say soap! No.......I'm talking about good, time honored, real old fashioned........yet sophisticated, with modern day raw material availability and advances in technology & recipes kinda soap. Little bars of exotic luxury where art and science meet and what a beautiful marriage! The link at the bottom of the page will take you to soaphope.com where you will find superb brands, I mean top notch product lines at insane discounts. The particular link I attached is for the bar soap collection from Pangea Organics that contains one of each formulation, six in total to experience the complete range of fragrances and botanical properties offered. As for the facial care I was torn between the lines for Normal to Combination or Oily to Blemish Prone skin. Since my skin was acting skittish from the change of seasons with the occasional blemish trying to rear it's ugly head around that time of the month, I went with the Oily line. The Australian Wild Plum and Willow facial cleanser is formulated for both Combination and Oily skin so there wasn't much worry there. Also their Adzuki Bean & Cranberry Scrub is formulated for all skin types. Now here's where the difference lies in how to use the cleanser and the scrub as well. If you have Combo skin use the cleanser alone and use the scrub up to 3 times a week. If you have oily skin you are advised to add/mix The Australian Wild Plum & Willow Facial Cleanser to The Egyptian Geranium with Adzuki Bean & Cranberry Scrub. This scrumptious award winning scrub is dual action, exfoliating mechanically with the adzuki beans while enzymes also go to work dissolving dead skin cells. For those w/oily skin wash the face with the cleanser and scrub combined for a detoxifying, skin cell regenerating, skin with a clean slate experience. Another essential product to be used by all skins is the award winning Japanese Matcha Tea With Acai & Goji Berry Mask with a difference in frequency of use depending on skin type. Another award winning product meant for all skins in the line is the Turkish Rose and White Tea Eye Cream. Now the last two steps are where the products really differ due to skin type.  The toner is Argentinean Tangerine & Thyme and superb when you breathe it in after misting on your face. To control oily skin with this toner you may also mist and blot throughout the day to rid  the skin of excess oil. After patting the toner into my skin I apply 3 pumps of the Moroccan Argan With Willow & Rosemary Facial Cream into the palm of my hand and pat onto my face until absorbed, and this particular cream absorbs rather quickly. Ta-Da! My skin is radiant and the earth is much better off as well due to Pangea's amazing eco-awareness practices, positively cutting edge. So not only are you caring for your skin with remarkable products, the ingredients all serve a purpose and your carbon footprint is teeny tiny.
Now I was going to do this post just about Pangea but I would be leaving out an important component my skin utilizes to keep in top shape. Maracuja Oil by tarte. I found out about this important gem on of all places QVC.com For some reason it is not available anywhere else much like another great product of theirs which is their Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation w/application brush. Now the great thing about this oil is that it benefits all skin types. I have read reviews about it helping people with dry skin all the way to helping diminish acne problems for others. As for my skin it helps brighten and balance it. Also take note this product is to be used at night before bedtime. This divine oil is derived from the Amazonian Passion Flower and is cold pressed. This pure maracuja oil is a powerful and intuitive elixir that instantly absorbs into the skin, delivering a high dose of essential fatty acids and vitamin C to hydrate.


No comments:

Post a Comment