Rants & Raves of the Beauty Obsessed

Self confessed beauty junkie. I love anything that has to do with personal care ranging from handcrafted artisan soap to luxury brand cosmetics combined with writing & having an opinion on everything I try, jumping on the blog train just seemed natural as I love reading other peoples blogs about everything beauty. Thanks for stopping by :)

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful To Go 6-pc Collection

Bobbi Brown is known for her excellent quality, no nonsense approach to makeup that even newbies have no problem beautifying themselves. I personally adore her cream eye shadows over any other line out, as well as her gel eyeliners......them babies have got staying power from hell! Wonderfully pigmented and so easy to work with. I love, love, love. However I'll save that for another post. What I'm reviewing now is her goof proof Pretty Powerful To Go 6-pc Collection available at QVC.com, just follow this link http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.CM_SCID.coll.item.A211846.desc.Bobbi-Brown-Pretty-Powerful-To-Go-6pc-Collection Now as much as I love makeup, I do love Bobbi's minimalist reputation built on the belief that every woman is and can be even more beautiful by playing up her best features. I have to admit I purchased this kit just for the gel eyeliner in the Patina shade exclusive to the collection. It's a gorgeous blackish brown with micro shimmer. The kit contains a 4 pan eye shadow palette in brown tones with a sliver shimmer wash to apply over your base shadow which you wouldn't think would work upon laying eyes on it but complements the other colors perfectly. There is a 4 pan lip palette with 2 lipsticks along with 2 lip glosses. Then there is a 2 pan blush palette with one color that is more subdued to apply as you normally would and another color that is brighter with a bit of shimmer to apply to the apples of the cheek to make them pop. The kit comes with travel sized brushes for everything so that everything you need to do your whole face is in a little adorable metallic clutch. This awesome little collection can take you from a more natural, subdued look to night by adding more color or switching it up. Don't get me wrong I love a lot of makeup however if I was stranded on a deserted island this would be what I would take with me. Now on to the pictures. Enjoy! Xoxo

















No comments:

Post a Comment