Rants & Raves of the Beauty Obsessed

Self confessed beauty junkie. I love anything that has to do with personal care ranging from handcrafted artisan soap to luxury brand cosmetics combined with writing & having an opinion on everything I try, jumping on the blog train just seemed natural as I love reading other peoples blogs about everything beauty. Thanks for stopping by :)

Friday, April 13, 2012

Too Faced Naked Eye Palette

I've been a fan of Too Faced since I was in my late teens. It seems that Too Faced as of late has become the authority of eyeshadow palettes. If I'm correct there are 8 in all. For the past year I have been revisiting the makeup brands of my youth.....Urban Decay, Stila, Too Faced, etc. Since hearing much hype about these adorable little palettes, I decided to purchase a few. The Naked Eye palette which I will be reviewing right now, the Romantic eye palette, and the newly released Summer eye palette. I have to say I'm really on the fence over the Naked Eye palette. Don't get me wrong, this would be a great palette for makeup newbies, or if you're going to wear a bright lip color because the colors are really subdued and really not pigmented enough. It's a great concept however the 3 cards with the suggested looks just emphasizes how bland the colors can be. The upside is the texture is nice and there is very minimal fallout. The three instructional/suggested look cards that come with the palette to create certain looks are one for day, one for classic, and one for fashion. When Too Faced named this palette naked they weren't kidding. Some of the colors just disappear upon application. I demonstrated all 3 suggested looks which I enclosed pictures of. I just wish the colors were more pigmented. Perhaps then I would like it better but I'll let you be the judge from the pictures I've taken. The first two pictures are the day look, the second set is the classic, and the last two the fashion look. The upside is if you disregard the cards and play around and create your own looks the palette isn't all too bad. Enjoy darlings! Xoxo
This color especially looks non-existent on the eye








The day look was so bland I intensified the crease

Classic look from tutorial card




No comments:

Post a Comment