Rants & Raves of the Beauty Obsessed

Self confessed beauty junkie. I love anything that has to do with personal care ranging from handcrafted artisan soap to luxury brand cosmetics combined with writing & having an opinion on everything I try, jumping on the blog train just seemed natural as I love reading other peoples blogs about everything beauty. Thanks for stopping by :)

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cake.........Beauty, not food ;o)

Get your Cake n eat it too
For soft hands & beautiful nails
 For those of you who have never heard of Cake, it's a great company created by our awesome neighbors to the north. I cannot get over the fact that I've never been disappointed by one single creation of theirs! The only  time I've ever been bummed by this company is when something is available in Canada only. That's saying a lot coming from a girl who's bathroom looks like I ransacked the counter at Neiman's and every nearby small town bath & body boutique. The formulas always, I mean every single freaking time has ingredients that leave a smug smile on my face because if it doesn't make the cut, it's not touching my skin! Every concoction smells deliciously edible done right. They've just released a new perfume I'm dying to get my hands on because I'm just as much a perfume junkie as I am with any product that makes you look, feel, and smell like a goddess. Before I go into specific product reviews, to check them out, and they are worth it, point your sassy self over to cakebeauty.com and go nuts! Now, the fun stuff! Lately I've been pretty on top of my nails, heck I've got nice nail beds so why not start painting them and just go all out? They are however pathetically weak, I mean BAD. They bend, split, anything a nail can do to misbehave....mine love to do. Enter Butter London and Cake. Butter London makes a ridiculously awesome miracle of a product called Horse Power Nail Fertilizer. This stuff is doing my nails so good I could cry! They're growing past a certain point! Hard and healthy! As far as my hands and cuticles, Milk Made by Cake. The Smoothing Hand & Cuticle Buffer is a miracle worker, no joke! Leave it to the girls at Cake to make something so simple leave your hands feeling like someone worked on them for an hour. It's simply a wonderful concoction of beneficial oils and sugar which you scoop out with a little spoon, 2 scoops to be exact. Rub, scrub, and rub for a good minute or two concentrating on your cuticles, then rinse. Voila! The softest, silky, and yummiest smelling hands will be yours. Finish off with the Milk Made Velveteen Hand Creme which in my opinion is the best hand cream available and you're good to go. The hand creme sinks right in leaving your hands so comforted and soft, my hands will never stray. This stuff along with the hand & cuticle smoother are so good, I don't even want to try anything else! Now for the rest of your bodacious body, there's 2 delicious smelling Supremely Rich Bath & Shower Froths A.K.A. Double Bubble in It's a Slice which smells of sweet orange & creamy vanilla. If smelling like a sexy creamsicle isn't your forte, go with Deserted Island which leaves the skin soft and silky as well, however smelling of coconuts & vanilla. Both shower gels have an accompanying Supreme Body Mousse. Gotta say I love the body lotions/mousse because they are just as moisturizing as a good body butter. Cake also just recently released body scrubs in these two scents. So for powerhouse sexy and silky skin, shower up with your choice of froth, scrub them curves with either vitamin-rich sugar scrub, pat dry and finish off with great for your skin as well mousse for knock em dead, damn woman! You smell so good I could eat you up skin. Trust me, your partner won't be able to keep their hands or noses to themselves I kid you not ;o)
Never be without your beloved Cake products

For a good hair day every day
 The Shower gels and body lotions come in a great little travel or try-me sized kit that comes along with a little bottle of Velveteen Hand Creme that complies with the FAA. My favorite lip balm ever, Mulberry Sorbet I think is being discontinued much to my dismay along with quite a few other products that are on sale right now so grab em before they're gone because the prices are UH-mazing. Two of these products are their Satin Sugar Shampoo & Multipurpose Conditioner which I stocked up on because they leave my ultra fine hair clean, shiny, and bouncy. Never a bad hair day with Cake so I'm praying like a madwoman that they are planning on releasing something better. They are famous especially

among beauty editors however, for their Satin Sugar Dry Shampoo for hair and body. One just for Blonde's and another for us Brunettes. Cake also just released a new formulation........Satin Sugar Glistening Dry Shampoo & Body Powder. The website says: "satin sugar glistening is a revolutionary new dry shampoo that uses light-reflecting minerals to achieve shiny and healthy-looking hair without washing!" I'm personally not the dry shampoo type of dame, but if you are Cake is the way to go without a doubt. The last product I'm going to discuss I am the saddest to say goodbye to, after I OF COURSE stocked up on....how could I not? The discount was almost criminal! This gem, at least I thought, of a product was Cake's Better Body Rub. The best body butter among my treasure trove of products at the moment. Why did I love this stuff so much to actually curse when I found out it was being discontinued? Because it was "firming". Yup, that simple, well not really but you get the idea. See I wasn't one of the lucky moms out there whose skin snapped right back after spending 32 hours pushing a 9 pound bundle of joy out. Nope, my darling princess whom turns 6 going on 28 at the end of this month left her mark on me. Shove a 9 pound baby in someone who naturally weighs 115 pounds standing at 5'9" well if you can't see where I'm going here, how the hell did you make it out of high school??!? Until I am absolutely done crowding the earth with my spawn, haha, and I have abdoplasty, this mermaid by nature is cursed to never wear a teeny weeny itsy bitsy 2 piece anything again for not wanting to offend and turn to stone innocent  and unassuming onlookers. Therefore anything "firming" is welcome!!!!! Not only was this product firming, it left my skin so smooth and silky. I mean for a body butter this stuff sunk in like the Titanic! So I am left begging that Cake comes out with a bigger, better, stronger, bad boy!!!!!! Being that I've only 2 jars left I can feel my nerves ready to go into overload, however I will always love Cake. They have and I'm sure will continue to keep me smiling at bath time. Till next time my darlings. XOXO


Get rubbed the right way!

No comments:

Post a Comment